Check-In: 7pm Friday, March 1st
Check-Out: 2pm Sunday, March 3rd
- Date Night - get dressed up, enjoy a special meal, music, entertainment, etc. (Saturday Night)
- Game Night - couples that play together, stay together. Options from something like a "That Newlywed Game", couples balderdash, Volleyball, Apples to Apples, Buzzword, Catchphrase, who knows!
- Learning Sessions - Watch a marriage series as a group and debrief with group discussions.
- One-on-One - Take some one on one time with your spouse, praying, reading, writing with one another.
- Worship - Worship together, a three-stranded cord is not easily broken. Build your marriage on a firm foundation
- Food - Eat great food! All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners will be provided, with a special dinner on Saturday (make sure to make your selection when you register!).
Saturday Night is Date Night!
Dinner Choices (make sure to select what you want on the registration!) :
Beef Wellington - A flavorful and tender cut of beef seared in butter, coated in a mixture of spices, wrapped puff pastry dough and slowly backed in the oven to a medium doneness. More thorough cooking can be undertaken for those who desire meat cooked to higher temperatures than medium doneness.
Chicken Marsala - Carefully trimmed chicken breast cutlets lightly coated in a flour and herb breading sauteed in butter with mushrooms, shallots, and marsala cooking wine.
Oven Baked Salmon - Fresh salmon fillets slowly baked in our ovens atop lemon slices, topped with a sprig of dill, lemon slice, and our homemade lemon dill butter sauce.
Vegetarian Option: Eggplant Parmesan - Thickly sliced eggplant lightly breaded and fried until golden brown, layered with whole milk mozzarella cheese, baked in our house marinara sauce and topped with fresh basil leaves.
(All meals are preceded by a salad, accompanied by green beans with buttery toasted almonds, well seasoned creamy garlic mashed potatoes, and followed by a house dessert)
Couples have private rooms and bathroom. Cottages and Suites come standard with a queen sized bed. Our cabins are converted from dorm style rooms into a king sized bed suite. Our comfortable rooms include recently remodeled bathrooms.
Sessions are hosted in the Woodside Conference Room. Engage with a brief video series coupled with a workbook and guide. Group discussions typically last 20-30 minutes following videos and are facilitated by PMBC staff.
Sessions typically last a total of an hour. Usually there is time following the sessions to debrief with your spouse to gain perspective on what may have been observed or realized. Each retreat varies, but there are normally five to six total sessions from Friday-Sunday.
Activities are intentionally planned between meals and sessions throughout the day to include fun games that make you laugh with (and at) each other or prove to be insightful. Popular game shows are brought to life, team building exercises are used and more.