Each year we endeavor to put together a summer staff that consists of spiritually and socially mature, young men and women. Our desire is to build a staff that is eager to serve our campers. Summer staff members perform a variety of functions including- counseling, kitchen work, maintenance, housekeeping, life-guarding and various camp activities.
If you feel that the Lord is leading you to spend your summer as a PMBC staff member, and you are at least 16-years-old, we encourage you to apply!
What potential applicants & parents need to know:
- Applicants must be 16 or older
- Application deadline is April 1st
- Deadline extended to May 1!
- We ask for 2 personal references from unrelated adults. At least one from a Pastor, Youth Pastor or spiritual mentor if possible
- Returning staff are to fill out the application and have two references completed as well
- Summer Staff is expected to serve the whole summer; however, will consider hiring staff who have prior commitments
- Work Week: Sunday @ Noon through Saturday @ Noon. Staff are off Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday morning. Staff that stay on the grounds over weekends are expected to join the summer staff to church, transportation is provided.
- Summer Schedule
- Staff Training Week: Monday, June 18, 2018 - Saturday June 23, 2018
- Beginning of Summer Camp: Sunday, June 24, 2018
- Summer Recess (week off): Saturday, July 14, 2018 @ noon - Sunday, July 22, 2018 @ noon
- End of Summer Camp: Saturday, August 11, 2018
- For more in depth details, Summer Staff Guidelines can be found here
- Technology Policy: during the week, summer staffers generally do not have access to their technology (unless their position requires it). When campers aren't on campus, summer staff are more than welcome to use their cell phones and technology
- Applications and references can be completed with the online form or by downloading PDF. If downloading PDF, they can be sent to Kyle Martin
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail: 191 Clifton Beach Road | Clifton Township, PA 18424
You're hired! Now what?
We need some paperwork from you for taxes, background clearances, etc. Below you'll find a breakdown of steps we need you to take with downloadable instructions and forms. As you complete each step or form, login to your PMBC Account and upload the documents (see a tutorial on how to login and upload here). If you have questions, reach out to Kyle Martin.
All Staff Must Complete Each Year
- Summer Staff Agreement: Email or mail (email is preferred) your signed summer staff contract. It was sent to you via email.
- Health History: Sign into your account and complete the health history form (click here for instructions).
Due June 1, 2018.
- Staff Guidelines: Sign & upload the last page of the Staff Guidelines. Due June 1, 2018.
- 2018 i-9 Tax Form: Complete & upload the 2018 i-9 Tax Form. Due June 1, 2018.
- 2018 Local Tax Form: Complete & upload the 2018 Local Tax Form. Due June 1, 2018.
- 2018 W-4: Complete & upload the 2018 W-4 Tax Form (cannot use old form!). Due June 1, 2018.
- *2018 Parental Consent to Work: (for those under 16 only) Complete & upload Parental Consent. Due June 1, 2018
- *2018 Vehicle Permission Form: (for those under 18 only) Complete & upload Vehicle Permission. Due June 1, 2018.
For those who've worked at PMBC in the past, your clearances are most likely suitable. Double-check the letter sent to you in your offer letter. The clearances that are missing should be annotated. Some of the clearances will require codes to be entered, these were sent in a previous email and/or in your offer letter.
The clearance process takes a few weeks for the state to process. Please complete these by May 15.
Please note: You may have clearances obtained through your church or other work; if you are designated as a volunteer on that clearance, it is not sufficient for our purposes according to state regulations.
- PA Child Abuse Clearance: After verification, save & upload certificate to your account. Download instructions here.
- FBI Fingerprints: After verification, save & upload certificate to your account. Download instructions here.
- Online Child Abuse Training: After completing this online training (roughly 3 hours), save & upload certificate to your account. Download instructions here.